Fertility Treatment Options for Unexplained Infertility
Dr. Rispler or Dr. Berger will review your medical history, and any notes from previous fertility workups, and discuss the possibility of repeating or initiating certain tests:
- Semen analysis
- Day 3 FSH level and pelvic ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Progesterone blood serum levels
- Sperm antibody screening
- Hysteroscopy or hysterosalpingogram to determine patency of fallopian tubes and soundness of the uterine cavity
- Mycoplasma cultures to check for infection
- Immunological disorder screening
Unexplained infertility is a temporary diagnosis. Our team views unexplained infertility as an opportunity to uncover the root cause.
Treating unexplained infertility, based on findings from the fertility tests mentioned above, will involve one or more of progressively more aggressive options:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) with a natural cycle
- IUI in conjunction with oral or gonadotropin therapy
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- IVF with donor eggs and/or donor sperm
Taking action, rather than taking a “wait and see” approach to getting pregnant, comforts many couples with unexplained infertility. We employ decades of experience to help you overcome reproductive medicine’s most frustrating diagnosis: unexplained infertility.
Contact us to get started with a fertility treatment cycle at Innovative Fertility Center.